GIRL TALK ... who says there are no virgins?

Bolanle Okewumi
Hello ladies, now I am surprised that the middle of the "new year" is here already. Can you beat that? It's a pleasant joy to breathe in fresh and clean air. Did I hear you say ... thank you Jesus? Uh, that's the spirit!

Well can we talk; mean really talk? I was talking to one of the gorgeous ladies we have on this beautiful campus lately.
Okay, I'll let you into the gist. She was heartbroken because she was torn between two loves ... a gorgeous, fine christian brother (bobo), REALLY nice guy. The other one she hadn't met physically though they talk all the time. When she's down He gives her endless love and attention. He wanted nothing physical ... know what I mean! My christian 'bros' started hanging out with the wrong crowd. Guess what? He started talking about g - strings (alarmed!) and of course, SEX.
Yes, I'm a little startled but I guess there is 'nothing new under the heaven'. "You cannot prevent a bird from flying over your head. You can only prevent it from perching and building a nest on your head".
I'm glad to say that, my friend told the guy to take a screech and put his acts together. She went for the other guy instead. This is the sweetest part ... she said no simply because she loves the 'other guy' ... Jesus. Frankly, when I saw the tears flowing on her face and the depth of her love for her guy, I knew I needed to examine my heart. Emotions should not rule us always. Agreed we are emotional beings; relational to the core. Yet, God demands a standard from us. Do I love God so much? Would I be heartbroken and still stand for a 'guy' I can't see with my eyes?

Frankly speaking, ladies, we cannot afford to open our pillars for just any priest who wants to enter the temple. It breaks the chief priest's heart. Our holy of holies is the truly fragile; yes we are made for only one high priest. The stain and stench we bring to the temple drives the sweet fragrance of the temple away.
Our legs are the pillars God has given us to guard against strange priests; the hymen is the veil and only the high priest assigned to your heart (after the rings ... know what I mean) is allowed to 'enter'.
Yeah, who says there are no virgins? There are! I know for a fact that God also restores the glory of virginity. He can 'tighten' you again. Simply come to Jesus. We are His girls. Don't run away from Him. He feels everything you feel. I'm sure you get the drift darlings.
Can I let you in on a secret ... every guy wants a pretty, lovely looking girl. Please let's keep ourselves. Look good! Godliness is beautiful. Yeah, stay purified within and without. Beauty emanates from the inside. Let's reflect this on the outside. Cleanliness is next to Godliness ... the dirty plates under the tables, one week old under-wears! No, the chief priest won't be excited about that. I gotta go now. Remember this "Beauty is vain, charm is deceitful. A woman who fears the Lord shall be praised".
Keep  the faith. Love God first above all else ... please stay 'tight' and clean.  
See yah!


Culled from XPRESSIONZ magazine maiden edition (June 2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment